Thread: Saying Hello

Kent Potter Guest

Default Saying Hello

Just saying hello to introduce myself. I am in the Natural Stone industry and looking to glean helpful information from everyone here especially considering the Radon scare of late. The best experts and help comes from the guy's out in the feild!

Member Benefits1

Default Re: Saying Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Potter View Post
    Just saying hello to introduce myself. I am in the Natural Stone industry and looking to glean helpful information from everyone here especially considering the Radon scare of late. The best experts and help comes from the guy's out in the feild!
    Well, Hi Kent and welcome!

Humm, natural stone industry? You should enjoy some of our post about radon and stone counter tops. I would guess that you are on the side of the naysayers.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Kent Potter Guest

Default Re: Saying Hello

I wouldn't say I was a naysayer. Granite comes from the good mother earth which we all know has many radioactive minerals besides Uranium. IMO, the Radon issue is way over stated, proped up by junk science to scare the general public. At the same time I would not deny Radon is not emmitted either.

I am not a professional inspector for these things, my experience is with reactors and nuclear weapons. None the less, I have a good understanding of radiation. I am looking to tap the experience of the professionals in developing acceptable testing standards for Natural Stone. Just in the few posts I have read, I've come to the right place!