Default American Risk Control

I had a phone call on my office phone yesterday (missed it) from American Risk Control.
    The message that was left stated that they were looking for an Inspector to take pictures of and draw diagrams of homes for an HOA.
    Apparently, according to their web site, they are
    "dedicated to providing the insurance industry with quality risk management reports."
    American Risk Control Home

Anyone ever deal with them?

I've placed a call back, but it is Saturday....
    We'll be playing phone tag.....

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral
    Critical Home Inspection Services
    www.Home2Spec.com

Ted Menelly Guest

Default Re: American Risk Control

Quote Originally Posted by Victor DaGraca View Post
    I had a phone call on my office phone yesterday (missed it) from American Risk Control.
    The message that was left stated that they were looking for an Inspector to take pictures of and draw diagrams of homes for an HOA.
    Apparently, according to their web site, they are
    "dedicated to providing the insurance industry with quality risk management reports."
    American Risk Control Home

Anyone ever deal with them?

I've placed a call back, but it is Saturday....
    We'll be playing phone tag.....
    From their website

"That's why we consider ourselves an extension of your underwriting department."

Risk management? I do believe this means to take the risk away from the insurance company and find any reason possible to put the blame on the inspector or client.

Insurance coverage is a gable. I find it actually comical about the new wave of IR camera Home Inspections to reduce the risk to the insurance company. They want there to be a slight slip to put the liability onto someone else. Some little loop hole somewhere some how. Damned if you do not keep an actual picture of every square foot of wall and ceiling with that IR camera and keep those thousand pics on record for years.

Soon, someday soon, all liability for anyone buying a home and then of course wants to insure it will sit on the shoulders of home inspectors.

I think everyone is forgetting that we are here to *reduce their risk* by performing a home inspection no cancel it out all together.