Default raining in the furnace

The photo doesn't do it justice. I could hear the water raining down into the furnace from the next room. Judging by the rust, this has been going on for a while! Methinks it's time for a new furnace.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: raining in the furnace

John,

Your getting a bit picky.

Most people don't have a self-cleaning furnace as such. Some would be jealous.

A little soap and that should clean up really nice.

rick

Ted Menelly Guest

So what is going on. Is there no cap on the flue pipe or is the condenser coil on top of the unit and overflowing down thru it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    So what is going on. Is there no cap on the flue pipe or is the condenser coil on top of the unit and overflowing down thru it?
    AC overflowing. The flue is pvc out the wall. Fortunately, there is a floor drain in the room.

John Allingham Guest

Evaporator coil?

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John Allingham View Post
    Evaporator coil?
    I call it a condenser coil because it is what it does. It does not evaporate anything in condenses the vapor in the air by cooling it and turning it into water and then drains it away.

When you evaporate water it turns it into vapor.

Some say tomato some say tomauto

I call it a condenser coil because it is what it does. It does not evaporate anything in condenses the vapor in the air by cooling it and turning it into water and then drains it away.

When you evaporate water it turns it into vapor.

Some say tomato some say tomauto
    Some say the refrigerant evaporates, and that's why it's called the evaporator.
    What do you mean "It does not evaporate anything..."??

The correct term is evaporator for the indoor a/c coil and condenser or condensing unit at the exterior. Refrigerant evaporates or "boils off" at the indoor coil and condenses from vapor back to liquid at the exterior condensing unit.
    If it is a heat pump, all that is reversed (for heating) so indoor and outdoor coil is more understandable for me.

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Luttrall View Post
    The correct term is evaporator for the indoor a/c coil and condenser or condensing unit at the exterior. Refrigerant evaporates or "boils off" at the indoor coil and condenses from vapor back to liquid at the exterior condensing unit.
    If it is a heat pump, all that is reversed (for heating) so indoor and outdoor coil is more understandable for me.

As I stated in my post I was speaking of the external part of the coil and what it does. It turns the vapor in the air into water.

I know the term. I just mentioned why I call it that. The end use is what it does.

Much easier for the client to understand as well. It also fit what the problem was with the raining on the rest of the unit. Sometimes certain words just fit.

Thanks for the edumication thow

Sorry for treating you folks like clients (I do explain to them how the system works as well.)

Thanks for the help today Jim. I appreciate it. Sometimes I would leave the house with out my head if it were not attached.