Default Anyone know how long Home Gauge is down?

It looks like Home Gauge is down right now, and of course I need to upload a report. It has been a few hours so far, and I am wondering if anyone has any updates or info. that will be helpful. ]

Thanks,

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Anyone know how long Home Gauge is down?

Up & running now!

Clarksville Home Inspection
    JW Goad
    TN License #307 | KY License #2402

Hey,

Thanks John, the client's will be happy!

hey

i used to have the same problem using AHIT'S server when doing my reports, when their server went down after hours or on weekends i was up the creek and the client didn't like it.

so what i did was purchase their software for $750 and avoided the $6 per report charge back in 2006. and the woes of their up and down server were history. and now i have delivered without delay every report.
    i simply record report on word document--then print to pdf file and off if goes to client.

i don't use an on job computer system-- i like to get home and do report at home and look things over , but remember i only do one and at most two inspections a day, this may not work for what you are doing-but i deliver my report-same day and within two hours of inspection. my real estate agents know that and i inform my clirnts of delivery and have no problems

don't know home gauge software but know of your woes--computers suck

charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIE VAN FLEET View Post
    --computers suck

charlie
    Computers are wonderful machines.

They allow us to make errors at light-blistering speeds, in multiple, no carbon required.

Oops, did I hits send?

Dang!

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Thanks Charlie,

I actually really like Home Gauge's system. I can't say they have ever had a server down for more than a few hours that I know of. It's been a long time (many months) since the last time I can remember that they were down.

I already bought into their software so for less than the price of an inspection fee per year I get annual updates, a web page to post the reports, etc.

Works for me..................

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Computers are wonderful machines.

They allow us to make errors at light-blistering speeds, in multiple, no carbon required.

Oops, did I hits send?

Dang!
    I know it is a marketed convenience thing but I never quite got it I guess. When I call to set up the appointment I get the Realtors email. When I talk to the client and he is not going to come at the end of the inspection I get their email. You have to turn it into a PDF anyway and it takes the same amount of time to send it off.
    Well, there you go. Straight to the client and Realtor. I guess that is why I don't get it. Right there is your marketed convenience thing

Of course I meant sending it to AHIT or Home Gauge

Brandon Chew Guest

Brandon,

In a pinch, HG will still allow you to do it the old fashioned way: print to pdf and e-mail the file to the client.

Brandon

Smile Re: Anyone know how long Home Gauge is down?

It's the first time I remember it being down but it was back up in a couple of hours.

IF you are doing it right, you're driving more traffic to YOUR web site to sign in and see the report.

You also get tracking of when and who viewed the report.

Off site storage of reports for five years (though it's a one at a time retrieval if you need them)

There's more but it's early and I haven't had enough coffee.

Course you could just really go ALL old fashioned and print them out and deliver them.

Or just hand write them, no fuss, no muss.

To each their own!

-

Erby Crofutt, Georgetown, KY - Read my Blog here: Erby the Central Kentucky Home Inspector B4 U Close Home Inspections www.b4uclose.com www.kentuckyradon.com
    Find on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/B4UCloseInspections

Brandon,

Thanks,

Brandon I did not know I could do that, but I am not very computer literate. I only know enough to get by....... The next time that happens, I will make the attempt.

Robert Runchey Guest

I'm new to the computer\Gome Gauge wourld so I a have few questions. Does this software offer diagrams to insert into your report? and is it possible to track your site's visitors?

I could call HG but I'ds rather talk to the guys that use this product on a daily basis.

Thank You,

Bob Runchey
    American Home Inspectors
    Waunakee, Wi.

I believe that their new version does have some diagram's, but I'm still in the stone age and using their older version. It's free for you to upload a trial version and play with it prior to purchase..... it would be a good idea.

You can not track the site's visitor's as far as I know. You can determine when the client , agent, etc. has opened up the report. The report basically shows that it has been unread until they open it up which is helpful.

Robert Runchey Guest

Thanks brandon... much appecieated.

"In a pinch, HG will still allow you to do it the old fashioned way: print to pdf and e-mail the file to the client".

I thought I was doing it the old fashioned way - NCR forms. 100% dependable and delivered on site. No crashes, no down time, no printers, no email and no internet dependency and no pinches. It's drop dead easy!

And yes, I do get grief over it - but never from clients.

Eric Barker, ACI
    Lake Barrington, IL