Thread: Inspection Tags

Randy King Guest

Default Inspection Tags

Hi guys hope your inspection schedules are full...I know mine has been down a little this month I guess that time of the year. My question is how many of you use inspection tags? I am talking about the tags some use for labeling main-shutoffs such as gas and water, and shutoffs above water heaters etc. and also for inspection findings such as a warning do not operate cracked heat exchanger or something similar. I did an inspection about a month ago and came across a pillar-to-post inspection tag from quite some time ago, simple tag had their logo on it and said main shutoff on one side. Personally have never used them but I think it is a good idea. If you have used them anyone know where to get them? and better yet if you have used them has it been sucessful for you? Meaning a good pitch to realtors and potential clients that you label main-shutoffs as opposed to including their location in your report. and maybe received business off them because your name stays in the home for quite some time on pipes and such. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Inspection Tags

There are a few web retailers that sell a standard set of 5 tags: Water Heater Shutoff, Main Water Shutoff, Gas Shutoff, Furnance Shutoff, and ??? The cheapest I have seen the preprinted tags is about $18 for a set of 5 tags.

Seemed pretty pricey to me. I keep meaning to print a set myself but just never get a round to it. I went by Office Depot/Max/Staples and they have plain cards with wire or strings in packs of 100 for about $6 if I remember correctly. An hour or so messing around getting the printer to print postcard size stuff and you could probably make your own. Print Shutoff on one side and your company logo on the other.

"The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

I bet the only one to notice is the next home inspector

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Feldmann View Post
    I bet the only one to notice is the next home inspector
    Ditto.

Just don't mix 'em up like this guy did.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Brian Thomas Guest

I have a whole bunch of those kinds of tags. I got them from the AHIT school when I went thru the course. If I decide to ever use them, I dont know that I will reorder them again. Personally, I never would have bought them seperate, they just came with the package deal.

Another P2P gimmick! Don't see the need for the tags. But then again, if you wish to utilize the tags, why not?

Ted Menelly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    Another P2P gimmick! Don't see the need for the tags. But then again, if you wish to utilize the tags, why not?
    It is all part of marketing. Trying to impress the client. I have found nothing is going to excite or impress the client other than a good report or explanation of a good inspection. If you have to impress and excite folks with tags that is what they will pass on to others. If you impress them with a good inspection and report and good explanation of, then you won't need those tags. As mentioned above the only ones to notice the tags will be the next inspector.