Thread: Hello : )

Jorge "George"Font Guest

Thumbs up Hello : )

Hello guys, my name is Jorge, my friends call me George. I am an FNG. I have been in the business for 2 years going on three. I was told while attended ITA how we were all going to make over $100k. Now I am not sure if I understood. I thought it was going to be a year, now I wonder if they meant in my life time : ). Well, anyway, I am not going to stop trying. I have read some of the advice and comments you guys post and it shows you guys know. Great to see people helping each other. One thing I am finding is that the more I know, the more I know I don’t know. Is there ever a point when there are no more questions? Or is that when our maker calls?

Well just a bit more about me, I am ASHI certified and I am studing to get my ICC certification. I have a bug about learning. The other problem is, I'm in Georgia and we dont have a licencing requirment. So anybody with a flashlight can say they are an inspector and some do. This makes pricing tricky.

Well just want to say to all of you. Thank you for allowing me to be part of this great group.

May God bless us all.

OREP Insurance

Default Re: Hello : )

Welcome George:

You quipped:

I am an FNG. I have been in the business for 2 years going on three. I was told while attended ITA how we were all going to make over $100k. Now I am not sure if I understood. I thought it was going to be a year, now I wonder if they meant in my life time : ).

Yup you heard it right home inspections is a high income profession, most schools have a bad habit of exaggerating the opportunities. It really is shameful what they get away with. Its nothing but false advertising.

Btw, what is FNG?

All the best.

Brian Thomas Guest

I recently went thru school too and I heard about the millions I would make also. I didnt fall for it! I realized in todays market that I wouldnt exactly been raking it in. For me, its a nice hobby and second income.

Btw, what is FNG?

F****** New Guy?

Just kidding. It's a tough time for most of us in this business. A sense of humor helps us all to cope.

Jim Robinson
    New Mexico, USA

George
    Good to have you here.

BTW
    You mean I gotta have a flashlight.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Jorge "George"Font Guest

To answer, what is FNG,= Funny New Guy if you were in the military or are from NYC, it has a much more cloreful meaning. : )

Thanks guys for the reply. Sorry about the delay. There is so much to read and followup with when your a one man show.