aleks nikolich Guest

Default flir b2 thermal camera for sale 2007 model

OREP Insurance

Default Re: flir b2 thermal camera for sale 2007 model

Quote Originally Posted by aleks nikolich View Post
    2007 model year flir b2 camera with case 2 batteries and charger
    call 847 910 0921 with questions- asking $6300
    You might need to come off that price quite a bit. The new B series have been improved and now the low end model has more bells and whistles than the B2 and it is a great deal less. The following is from one of the more expensive tool companies, Professional Equip.
    FLIR B40 Infrared Camera w/ Fusion Technology
    Item #: 159085
    Manufacturer: Flir Systems Incorporated
    Manufacturer Item #: 39902-0601/B40
    Your Price: $4,995.00
    THIS PRODUCT SHIPS FREE (See Offer Details)

The FLIR B40 Infrared Camera features built-in illuminator LED lights give you the ability to work confidently in dark and confined areas
    Just some friendly advice.....

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Ron Bibler Guest

It is a sad thing to face. i got my FLIR B2 Just over a year ago from an out of work home inspector in Florida. he got it new for $ 12,500 sold it to me for $ 5,500 Ouch he took a big hit. I was thinking of getting into a new FLIR T400. Something like $18K plus the wide lenz another $ 3,500 on top. big hit. I going to keep my FLIR B2 As a back up camera. and when the time is correct get the T400

At the rate these cameras are droping it may be the best deal to just lease a high end camera. then get the new unit each year. My B2 Has been a great camera. like a rock star. i will keep making money with the thing. for moisture detection and general home inspection stuff the FLIR B2 IS Very hard to beat. No need for the higher end camera. Im looking at getting into more comercial inspection and the FLIR T400 Should do me vary well

I saw a 4 Year old FLIR E65 320X240 ON EBAY FOR 5,999 I Talk to the DUDE. L.O.L. JERRY W/COAST He has no programs for it, no hard case. and can't understand how to take a image with it. lot of money for a shot in the dark...

I do think the FLIR B2 Is a much better camera then some of the new ones out. The fusion is no big deal i don"t need it infact it gets in the way.

Hold a B2 In one hand and one of the new cheap cameras in the other.
    you will want the FLIR B2. Very nice camera

The B2 Has 160X120 REX With a Big 320X240 display. with all the span & full E. adjustments

the cheap new camera have a low display and some hane no adjustment.
    very limited use. kind of like limited to moisture only.

I don't think you can put them in the same room. with the B2. But give it just a few more years we will see some very nice cameras under 10K.

Nice talking to ya.

Best

Ron

Last edited by Ron Bibler; 10-04-2008 at 08:14 PM.

Default Re: FLIR b2 thermal camera for sale 2007 model

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    I saw a 4 Year old FLIR E65 320X240 ON EBAY FOR 5,999 I Talk to the DUDE. L.O.L. JERRY W/COAST He has no programs for it, no hard case. and can't understand how to take a image with it. lot of money for a shot in the dark...
    Not only that, but it is possibly stolen.

When I took my infrared Level I class the instructor told us to have all cameras checked out by them, "recalibrated" as you will. That tells you several things:

- if the seller will not allow you to have it "recalibrated" ... DO NOT BUY IT!

- When it is sent back in for recalibration, the first thing they do is check it against a list of cameras reported stolen, and they have found several, then, without recalibrating it, they contract you and the police, you to notify you it was a stolen camera and not to proceed with buying it, and the police to meet with the seller when they ship the camera back to them. Ouch! That would be one heck of a surprise for the seller.

- Finally, if the seller did allow you to have it recalibrated, they (FLIR) sends it back up with all updates and in "like new" condition. Next best thing to buying a new camera.

But if you buy it and do not send it in, or at least get the model and serial number and have that checked out, *you* could be the seller being met by the police someday. Regardless of whether or not you had anything to do with stealing the camera, if it is stolen property, you lose it when the cops come around.

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Ron Bibler Guest

That would be a drag to find your camera got wings. i would bet that buy now some of the better ripp-offs have the low down on these cameras. big cash in a small package.

I do keep an eye on mine. when i get that new T400 AT 20K you bet im going to be looking after that thing...

Best

Ron