Bob Lynett Guest

Default Radon/Clean Air Testing

Does anyone ever have calls or test for clean air testing? I guess I am confused sometimes in what this pertains to. Do you consider radon testing as a clean air test? Or does this refer to other types of testing? Thanks for all you support fellow HI.

Similar Threads:
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Radon/Clean Air Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lynett View Post
    Does anyone ever have calls or test for clean air testing? I guess I am confused sometimes in what this pertains to. Do you consider radon testing as a clean air test? Or does this refer to other types of testing? Thanks for all you support fellow HI.
    Never really heard of a clean air test! Truth be known, I bet you would have a hard time finding some clean air nowadays.

Radon testing would be an entirely different critter. Depending on your state, you might need a license and or be required to report the results to the state.

I would leave the "Clean air" testing to folks who specialize in indoor air quality, and that does not include 99% of the home inspectors who have taken the famous 8 Hour mold certification class that has, was and still is being promoted by that lab that has Pro as part of their name and similar snake oil salesmen around the country.

I would recommend deferring anyone who wants a Clean Air test to an industrial hygienist who specializes in residental environments.

Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

Clean air?

There are a number of contaminants that could affect indoor air quality, and whether or not someone has a compromised immune system or also can play a role or manifest themselves.

Moulds
    Radon
    Off Gassing - man made products
    Cigarette smoke
    Air borne pollutants
    Pet danders
    Animal urines and feces, i.e. bats, mice, squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons....
    Water borne viruses and bacteria

Personally I would be asking the client why they want testing and what their symptoms are before proceeding with any testing.

I chose a random link. Indoor Environment Check - Indoor Air Quality Testing
    This is what you are looking for.
    Leave it in the hands of a professional. Do your inspections. Let them do theirs.