Default Can anyone tell me what they think the size of this panel might be?

Can anyone tell me what they think the size of this panel might be? it's not an inspection but was sent to me by an agent. I have never seen a setup like this for a 1000 sq ft house, w/a typical drop.
    Thanks yall
    -Marc

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Marc M; 01-18-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    OREP Insurance

Default Re: Can anyone tell me what they think the size of this panel might be?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    Can anyone tell me what they think the size of this panel might be?

14 inches by 26 inches?

Without pulling the pull outs, no, no rating size is known.

However, the top row of breakers is 'ON' in the down position, which is not allowed (was not specifically disallowed until some people started making panels that way, then other people realized is was really a really, really, dumb idea).

Jerry Peck
    Construction/Litigation/Code Consultant - Retired
    www.AskCodeMan.com

Those look like two 100 amp buss fuse main breakers. The top one which appears to service the circuit board above.
    The bottom one which dosen't appear to have anything wired to it, mabey can't see, might have been to install 2 family configuration in the future.
    Needless to say, Buss fuses are outdated and recomendation for upgrades would be recommended but, a buss fuse as with any fuse is either good or inoperable. No latent defects as we might find with a FPE panel. So if I had a choice between the two, that one looks good!
    Was there anything connected? Was there another panel?
    What was the size of the service coming into the house?

No other panels connected to this or subs. The service was a 3 wire 240. I usually dont get into electrical. On my jobs I just sub that out. I dont inspect, just a contractor in here. There is a great deal of information in here, from many people.
    You think this is a panel with 2 100 amp fuses? Havent been there yet to pull them out to verify. Isnt it odd to have 2 main fuse blocks?

David Banks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
    No other panels connected to this or subs. The service was a 3 wire 240. I usually dont get into electrical. On my jobs I just sub that out. I dont inspect, just a contractor in here. There is a great deal of information in here, from many people.
    You think this is a panel with 2 100 amp fuses? Havent been there yet to pull them out to verify. Isnt it odd to have 2 main fuse blocks?
    Around here the second block was usually for the Range.

Marc, there are 2 fuses in each block. Should have the amperage rating right there on the cover. Pull the handle straight out. Do the bottom one as I don't think its being used. If it were for a range it would be much smaller typically.
    Are there any wires connected to the down side of that lower main or jsut empty?

It's empty.