Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: TREC Reporting

  1. #1
    RobertSmith's Avatar
    RobertSmith Guest

    Default TREC Reporting

    Last edited by RobertSmith; 12-20-2007 at 02:03 PM.
    Crawl Space Creeper

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Plano, Texas

    Default Re: TREC Reporting

    Cracks in the walls should be reported in the walls section.
    If you think it is foundation related, I would also mention that as an indicator of foundation movement in the foundation section.
    I would need to see more to determine if a SE was called for.

    Jim Luttrall
    Plano, Texas

  3. #3
    Richard Rushing's Avatar
    Richard Rushing Guest

    Default Re: TREC Reporting

    In my opinion, it should be stated just as you stated...
    Evidence of settlement in the foundation section per;

    RULE ยง535.228
    Standards of Practice: Inspection Guidelines for Structural Systems
    (a) Foundations. The inspector shall:
    (5) report general indications of foundation movement that are present and visible, such as sheetrock cracks, brick cracks, out-of-square door frames or floor slopes;

    Identified in both "WALLS" SECTION:
    boh interior and exterior:
    (c) Interior walls, doors, ceilings and floors. The inspector shall:
    (1) report as in need of repair deficiencies of the surfaces of walls, ceilings and floors as related to structural performance or water penetration that are present and visible;


  4. #4
    Jim Hime's Avatar
    Jim Hime Guest

    Default Re: TREC Reporting

    I don't know that guy from Kooderville, Tx but agree with him. I just did a 2005 built home this week and had double stair-step cracks near a window. There was an expansion joint in the wall so I ruled out thermal expansion. It appeared to be a slight beam drop to me. In the age of SB 914 report what you see. You'll be glad you did.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts