Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 66 to 89 of 89
  1. #66
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Wand View Post
    I agree with the MSDS blurb. But again you are refusing to post wherein Mr. Connell actually stated what you claim he stated.

    Post his statement! So far its only hearsay.
    So, you want me to repost what caused a great deal of turmoil on this site and caused the entire thread to be wiped clean? Just not going to happen. I asked for an email over and over again and you didn't provide one. I just clicked your website link provided on here and sent copy of same post to your email. Now you can review. If you desire to repost it have at it, but I don't desire to have another thread wiped clean and want to remain a member of the forum so I am not going to do so for those reasons and out of respect for the site administrator.

    2018 ASHI InspectionWorld

  2. #67
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    Sorry folks. I cannot resist.

    Bleach? Great product. I have been in and around construction all my life. I have used bleach and or other products all my life. Bleach works great. As far as not using bleach on wood products, CLOTH (seriously) or other organic materials???? You might as well ban bleach altogether. You just do not want to be in enclosed spaces with bleach. Proper ventilation and there is no problem.

    It does not get into the surfaces of the wood fiber where the roots are???? But it does continue to deteriorate for a while eating into those fibers???? I guess it gets into the fibers.

    Show me a timber that bleach destroyed and the timber failed. Oh, I am sorry, no one can.

    I am not pushing the use of bleach with the exception of the more minor usage. Personally it about chokes me to death in an open area. But, It does kill mold, period. It does get into the wood. That is one of the reasons they state not to use it. It breaks it down a bit. A bit!!!!! The surface.

    I have used it on timbers after tearing up a sub floor. Guess what. Those homes are still standing. It did kill off the mold growth. I also got rid of the contributing factors.

    Guess the Material Safety Data Sheet reference on the chemical is not enough to show hazardous gas is emitted when in contacting organic/combustible materials which wood is. Hence the argument surfaces again with a professional using a product incorrectly and backing in publicly as effective. Research the "chemicals" of which you intend on using.


  3. #68
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by don agel View Post
    Guess the Material Safety Data Sheet reference on the chemical is not enough to show hazardous gas is emitted when in contacting organic/combustible materials which wood is. Hence the argument surfaces again with a professional using a product incorrectly and backing in publicly as effective. Research the "chemicals" of which you intend on using.
    I guess you chose to ignore the bold print.

    That's OK. All will do as they wish anyway. Yes I have used bleach in the past. I probably would again if the mood struck me and God forbid I felt safe enough.

    By the way. Do you eat all non fatty, non carbohydrate ridden, non sat fat, non starchy, non hi cholesterol food. I kind of doubt it. You may but most don't. That is one of the leading contributors of many illnesses but we still do it.

    Material safety data sheets. Public forums. don't discuss this or that. Don't mention politics. Don't joke about a bus running over Obama or the bad guys will get you. My goodness.

    It is called discussion.

    "Hence the argument surfaces again with a professional using a product incorrectly and backing in publicly as effective. Research the "chemicals" of which you intend on using."

    My goodness man. Are you the only perfect man on the planet. Have you no thought of your own. Do you not have a personal sense of safety and how to protect yourself. Didn't you know that before you read a label that breathing in fumes from bleach in enclosed areas or even open areas with no decent ventilation could kill you. I figured that out and found out why it about choked me to death after the first time I made contact with the nasty stuff when I was a kid. From then on I only used it safely.

    I don't even use the junk on my clothes. I cannot stand the smell of it. My clothes get not so bright shiny white and I chuck them and by new tighty whiteys before I use that stuff on them.

    No argument here sir. Just stating plain facts

    Oh, I must tell you I have taken so many courses and classes in my life and had practical experience for 40 something years. I need not have anyone point out that there are papers and books and labels (really) on about everything one buys. Backing publicly, are you serious. I am just telling you I know it works. As far as at home. Folks keep using it. It is a wonderful product if you can stand it and be safe.

    Oh yeah, don't drink any drain cleaner either in case you have not read on or researched those products.

    This is not a urinating match either. It is called discussion.


  4. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,252

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Raymond, Ted,

    As you can see from my exchanges of posts with him - there is no substance there, only rhetoric, we cannot convince someone who makes their living off promoting the un-needed and unnecessary 'mold is gold' mantra (he says it in less alarming words, but that is what I am taking away from what he is saying and defending himself on).

    Continuing to exchange posts with him is like ... ... the horse is not going to get up listen to what it does not want to hear.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  5. #70
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Raymond, Ted,

    As you can see from my exchanges of posts with him - there is no substance there, only rhetoric, we cannot convince someone who makes their living off promoting the un-needed and unnecessary 'mold is gold' mantra (he says it in less alarming words, but that is what I am taking away from what he is saying and defending himself on).

    Continuing to exchange posts with him is like ... ... the horse is not going to get up listen to what it does not want to hear.
    Frankly you can KMA! Really tired of you and others on here attacking people. Nobody can post on here without fear of an argument. Not discussion, an argument where insults are bound to be thrown in. You can believe what ever you want and be ignorant and wrong wherever you want to be. Your life, your ignorance, don't care. But don't you ever try to claim that I am trying to promote un-needed mold treatments. You are a small minded individual to assume that just because someone specializes in something that they are corrupt. Just because there are dipshits such as yourself which would like to downplay any sort of hazard with having a microscopic organism spreading through the home they live in doesn't mean that we all have a narrow mind. 80% of the contracts I have dealing with fungal/mold contamination are initiated by the client and the other 20% discovered during a home inspection etc. You can believe what you wish regarding the toxicity of mold. For any educated person to think that there are no hazards associated with exposures to such is hilarious. Thousands of clients to date all of which had adverse health effects caused by the contamination present, but two rats in a box proves that these people are all dillusional? Again, KMA you ignorant small minded individual! I pray your HVAC system is clogged with Cladosporium, that you have Stachybotrys spreading through your bathrooms, and Aspergillus and yeast taking over your floor framing. Either way, go fu** yourself royally with a toilet brush! You started by insulting me and have not stopped yet. So again, lay the Fu** off me and move on Jerry, or get ready for a whole lot more. Go beat your horse!

    And for all of you who seem to be bound to defend Connell for his false statements made without even reading them for yourselves basing it as truth on just you having read his credentials before. Guess your brains are filled with vast information of half truths and unresearched ideas thought as fact. But let me bring a small glimpse of light into that area.......Connell who has never been able to keep his mouth shut on any forum for any reason and always jumps in when his name is brought up has remained far away from this and I am sure some of you have already told him what is being said. Is he here? no! Why? Because he did make these statements of which were proven wrong regarding Bleach and other things. So if anything, let him come defend himself if need be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Raymond, Ted,

    As you can see from my exchanges of posts with him - there is no substance there, only rhetoric, we cannot convince someone who makes their living off promoting the un-needed and unnecessary 'mold is gold' mantra (he says it in less alarming words, but that is what I am taking away from what he is saying and defending himself on).

    Continuing to exchange posts with him is like ... ... the horse is not going to get up listen to what it does not want to hear.
    Frankly you can KMA! Really tired of you and others on here attacking people. Nobody can post on here without fear of an argument. Not discussion, an argument where insults are bound to be thrown in. You can believe what ever you want and be ignorant and wrong wherever you want to be. Your life, your ignorance, don't care. But don't you ever try to claim that I am trying to promote un-needed mold treatments. You are a small minded individual to assume that just because someone specializes in something that they are corrupt. Just because there are dipshits such as yourself which would like to downplay any sort of hazard with having a microscopic organism spreading through the home they live in doesn't mean that we all have a narrow mind. 80% of the contracts I have dealing with fungal/mold contamination are initiated by the client and the other 20% discovered during a home inspection etc. You can believe what you wish regarding the toxicity of mold. For any educated person to think that there are no hazards associated with exposures to such is hilarious. Thousands of clients to date all of which had adverse health effects caused by the contamination present, but two rats in a box proves that these people are all dillusional? Again, KMA you ignorant small minded individual! I pray your HVAC system is clogged with Cladosporium, that you have Stachybotrys spreading through your bathrooms, and Aspergillus and yeast taking over your floor framing. Either way, go fu** yourself royally with a toilet brush! You started by insulting me and have not stopped yet. So again, lay the Fu** off me and move on Jerry, or get ready for a whole lot more. Go beat your horse!

    And for all of you who seem to be bound to defend Connell for his false statements made without even reading them for yourselves basing it as truth on just you having read his credentials before. Guess your brains are filled with vast information of half truths and unresearched ideas thought as fact. But let me bring a small glimpse of light into that area.......Connell who has never been able to keep his mouth shut on any forum for any reason and always jumps in when his name is brought up has remained far away from this and I am sure some of you have already told him what is being said. Is he here? no! Why? Because he did make these statements of which were proven wrong regarding Bleach and other things. So if anything, let him come defend himself if need be.


  6. #71
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    Raymond, Ted,

    As you can see from my exchanges of posts with him - there is no substance there, only rhetoric, we cannot convince someone who makes their living off promoting the un-needed and unnecessary 'mold is gold' mantra (he says it in less alarming words, but that is what I am taking away from what he is saying and defending himself on).

    Continuing to exchange posts with him is like ... ... the horse is not going to get up listen to what it does not want to hear.
    Frankly you can KMA! Really tired of you and others on here attacking people. Nobody can post on here without fear of an argument. Not discussion, an argument where insults are bound to be thrown in. You can believe what ever you want and be ignorant and wrong wherever you want to be. Your life, your ignorance, don't care. But don't you ever try to claim that I am trying to promote un-needed mold treatments. You are a small minded individual to assume that just because someone specializes in something that they are corrupt. Just because there are dipshits such as yourself which would like to downplay any sort of hazard with having a microscopic organism spreading through the home they live in doesn't mean that we all have a narrow mind. 80% of the contracts I have dealing with fungal/mold contamination are initiated by the client and the other 20% discovered during a home inspection etc. You can believe what you wish regarding the toxicity of mold. For any educated person to think that there are no hazards associated with exposures to such is hilarious. Thousands of clients to date all of which had adverse health effects caused by the contamination present, but two rats in a box proves that these people are all dillusional? Again, KMA you ignorant small minded individual! I pray your HVAC system is clogged with Cladosporium, that you have Stachybotrys spreading through your bathrooms, and Aspergillus and yeast taking over your floor framing. Either way, go fu** yourself royally with a toilet brush! You started by insulting me and have not stopped yet. So again, lay the Fu** off me and move on Jerry, or get ready for a whole lot more. Go beat your horse!

    And for all of you who seem to be bound to defend Connell for his false statements made without even reading them for yourselves basing it as truth on just you having read his credentials before. Guess your brains are filled with vast information of half truths and unresearched ideas thought as fact. But let me bring a small glimpse of light into that area.......Connell who has never been able to keep his mouth shut on any forum for any reason and always jumps in when his name is brought up has remained far away from this and I am sure some of you have already told him what is being said. Is he here? no! Why? Because he did make these statements of which were proven wrong regarding Bleach and other things. So if anything, let him come defend himself if need be.


  7. #72
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post
    I guess you chose to ignore the bold print.

    My goodness man. Are you the only perfect man on the planet. Have you no thought of your own. Do you not have a personal sense of safety and how to protect yourself. Didn't you know that before you read a label that breathing in fumes from bleach in enclosed areas or even open areas with no decent ventilation could kill you. I figured that out and found out why it about choked me to death after the first time I made contact with the nasty stuff when I was a kid. From then on I only used it safely.

    Oh yeah, don't drink any drain cleaner either in case you have not read on or researched those products.

    This is not a urinating match either. It is called discussion.
    Ted, no disrespect intended here, but if someone is intended on using a chemical I would hope that they would first read the label regarding the usage and hazards of such. Sure you may have had some respiratory response which gave you a thought that this may require ventilation. The label would have stated that prior to usage. Lesson may have been in using this as an attempt at teeth whitening by sloshing a glassful in your mouth...who knows. Using chemicals requires the user to understand the chemical hazards and practical usage. Could have been a final lesson learned had you cleaned the bathroom floor with ammonia and then while still wet added bleach as an extra kick. Family members may have found your lifeless body, or even others find the families lifeless bodies due to a lack of reading a label which was placed there as a requirement for reasons such as this. Always exercise caution with chemicals!


  8. #73
    evabrown's Avatar
    evabrown Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Dry rot can cause widespread structural damage.Dry rot is probably a term feared by most homeowners. Dry rot can very well result in the growth of other more toxic molds such as the black mold. There had been instances when whole structures were burnt down due to extensive dry rot that resulted in an uncontrolled black mold plague. Read on.. Homeowners should watch for home-wrecking fungus poria incrassata


  9. #74
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by evabrown View Post
    Dry rot can cause widespread structural damage.Dry rot is probably a term feared by most homeowners. Dry rot can very well result in the growth of other more toxic molds such as the black mold. There had been instances when whole structures were burnt down due to extensive dry rot that resulted in an uncontrolled black mold plague. Read on.. Homeowners should watch for home-wrecking fungus poria incrassata
    TY Eva for the article. So many homeowners across the country are being tricked into purchasing moisture control systems from companies such as Terminix in an effort of addressing existing mold contamination. They do not clean the wood, they generally throw a plastic vapor barrier down on the soil with interior grade nails and jagged hand/made washers making traveling through the area pleasant for anyone else afterwards, they close up the foundation vents and toss a dehumidifier inside the space. This is done without any sort of code approval/inspections. End result is dew point occurring in the crawlspace during the summer months and condensation occurring on the exposed surfaces and fungal/mold growth occurs and/or becomes exacerbated by such. I met with the director of operations for NC and SC a few days ago to go over these issues on a house where the client had been taken for 5K on this failed system. Mold everywhere on the floor framing, water pooling on the vapor barrier a few feet from the running dehumidifier. This guy stated that everything was functioning as intended claiming that the system is working as designed and the client should have no worries! SO after showing how there were no gutters installed, the improper grading around the base of the house remained, the sealing of the crawlspace failed to seal the crawlspace, the lack of required permits for this and the electrical required for the dehumidifier, they still back the illegally installed, poorly designed systems they are installing nearly every where their license for pest control takes them. I sure wouldn't have my auto mechanic work on my teeth, but here comes your termite inspector changing the venting beneath your home without being trained, or qualified to do so, and who fails to implement necessary actions required to successfully seal a raised crawlspace on an existing structure. End result is almost always severe fungal/mold contamination, structural integrity loss in part or full to framing members, increased radon gas levels, lack of venting any fungal/mold off-gas to the exterior causing increased exposure levels in the interior airspace.


  10. #75

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Hello Folks!

    Thanks to those of you who dropped me a line.

    Regarding the ongoing discussion – sometimes, one should refer to the wonderful biblical passage found in Proverbs Chapter 26 v. 4-5

    BTW, did anyone catch the ABC “The Lookout” a couple nights ago with my pal Richard Shaughnessy? You can view it here:

    Four Tips to Protect Yourself During Mold Inspection - ABC News


    Cheers!
    Caoimhín P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home

    (The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

    AMDG


  11. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Posts
    3,746

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Caoimhín P. Connell View Post
    Hello Folks!

    Thanks to those of you who dropped me a line.

    Regarding the ongoing discussion – sometimes, one should refer to the wonderful biblical passage found in Proverbs Chapter 26 v. 4-5

    BTW, did anyone catch the ABC “The Lookout” a couple nights ago with my pal Richard Shaughnessy? You can view it here:

    Four Tips to Protect Yourself During Mold Inspection - ABC News


    Cheers!
    Caoimhín P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home

    (The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

    AMDG

    That was an interesting documentary.
    Actually, I was a bit surprised to here that 4 out of 7 mold inspectors did not find a problem.
    Of course this was a house with absolutely no mold problem at all.

    Thanks for posting that Caoimhín

    ' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

  12. #77
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Caoimhín P. Connell View Post
    Hello Folks!

    Thanks to those of you who dropped me a line.

    Regarding the ongoing discussion – sometimes, one should refer to the wonderful biblical passage found in Proverbs Chapter 26 v. 4-5


    AMDG
    I would assume that this line would have been directed at me? Which I hope surely isn't! But that didn't address anything which was stated earlier, but most likely will be enough to appease the few uneducated people out there that may assume this means anything. Unless you want all of that which was falsely claimed by yourself and proved wrong by myself brought back out into the public eye again I would think that your little attempts at insult would cease. I did save a copy of that entire thread.

    Thank you for posting that link however, people need to see the possibility of being scammed by some people. That being said......happens in all professions, not just in mold inspections. Happens in home inspections as well. How is it that I can find enough items wrong to have a 19 page summary report a week prior to Amerispec inspecting the same home and only finding 3 items and the most severe being a loose electrical receptacle cover-plate. Earlier I even cited how Terminix the world's largest leader in pest control scamming the consumers into sealing crawlspaces illegally and improperly. Perhaps it may not even be an intent to defraud. These few people may even assume that they are correct. Just keep in mind that all in an industry profession should not be judged on the lack of morals/ethics of some. BUT good catch by the news reporter!!!


  13. #78
    Ted Menelly's Avatar
    Ted Menelly Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Caoimhín P. Connell View Post
    Hello Folks!

    Thanks to those of you who dropped me a line.

    Regarding the ongoing discussion – sometimes, one should refer to the wonderful biblical passage found in Proverbs Chapter 26 v. 4-5

    BTW, did anyone catch the ABC “The Lookout” a couple nights ago with my pal Richard Shaughnessy? You can view it here:

    Four Tips to Protect Yourself During Mold Inspection - ABC News


    Cheers!
    Caoimhín P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home

    (The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

    AMDG
    Great video

    But, I just have one question


    How the hell do you pronounce your first name??????? Always wondered that!


  14. #79

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Hello Ted!

    When I wuz a kid growing up in Ireland, there wuz only 19 letters in the Irish alphabet. Our alphabet contained characters that were not available on the common typewriter (the QWERTY keyboard), so in 1976 the Irish Govmnt decided to change the alphabet to come into line with the 20th century and change the alphabet. So my name like lots of others adopted the new rulz: "mh" instead of an "m sebhu" (which I can't show you here since there is no ASCII code)...

    Long story short, my name is "QWEE-ving" (Just like it’s spelled!)

    Like everything else, things make sense when you know the rulz. My name is rather like baseball or the true Catholic rite – many people attend but very few know what’s really going on.

    Cheers!
    Caoimhín P. Connell
    Forensic Industrial Hygienist
    Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home

    (The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

    AMDG


  15. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,252

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by don agel View Post
    Frankly you can KMA! Really tired of you and others on here attacking people.
    That along with the other parts or your post show your true colors - looks like I was right on the mark with my thoughts ... thank you for confirming what I suspected.

    I guess you have not heard the old saying 'Better to remain quite and be thought at fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.', your last post above "removed all doubt".

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  16. #81
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Peck View Post
    That along with the other parts or your post show your true colors - looks like I was right on the mark with my thoughts ... thank you for confirming what I suspected.

    I guess you have not heard the old saying 'Better to remain quite and be thought at fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.', your last post above "removed all doubt".
    Really don't care about your thoughts or feeling of confirmation in your false assessment of someone you know squat about. But you can feel free to judge another, just keep your comments to yourself. You threw the insults out first. I said KMA in response to them. What does that prove? LOL True colors was the immature insults given by yourself which initiated this. I had said nothing towards you negatively and was dealing with someone else throwing insults out when you decided to poke your little head into it and join in the attack. Crawl back into that little hole where your little head just popped out from or be prepared to have it bit off.

    This is an inspection forum to share ideas and thoughts. This is not a place just for Jerry, Ted, Connell, Raymond, etc. to be allowed to post and bully others into not posting. So gather together and bully all you want, I am not leaving. And surely will not remain silent when attacked! If I am willing to take on a worldwide industry leader such as Terminix/servicemaster in public for defrauding the public when I am an independent company not enjoying vast financial resources, I surely would not be afraid to stand up against anyone else who is wrong.


  17. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    876

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    I think its time to kill this thread so we don't have to waste any more time with it.

    Anything remotely construction has probably already been said.


  18. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,252

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reinmiller View Post
    I think its time to kill this thread so we don't have to waste any more time with it.

    Anything remotely construction has probably already been said.
    Mark,

    I tried to say that in different words several posts ago - I like your wording better.

    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  19. #84
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Snowbird (this means I'm retired and migrate between locations), FL/MI
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    IIRC, the "Rots" are Fungi, not Moulds, and yes the "Rots" ARE INDEED "Wood Destroying Organisms" (WDOs)! Although may be cocomittant, neither interdependant (seems someone is confusing Rot (a fungus) with a Lichen?~?).The Mould regurgitation is IMO, much about nothing and has nothing to do with the OP or initial discussion prior to hijacking of thread!Rot OTOH, is another story all together, especially, so-called "Dry" Rot!R.W. Both links you provided specifically disclaimed ROT regarding your arguments pertaining to same - you're using MOULD info to argue ROT mitigation -- Apples & Oranges.Even Mr. Connell's site disclaims the "ROT" issues. In California - that falls under qualified & licensed WDO & other licensed professionals, but not I.H.'s, and not non-licensed HIs.


  20. #85
    don agel's Avatar
    don agel Guest

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    mold 2 (mld)n.1. Any of various fungi that often cause disintegration of organic matter.
    2. The growth of such fungi.

    intr.v. mold·ed, mold·ing, molds To become moldy.


    [Middle English moulde, probably from past participle of moulen, to grow moldy, from Old Norse mygla.]


  21. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bennett (Denver metro), Colorado
    Posts
    1,394

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reinmiller View Post
    I think its time to kill this thread so we don't have to waste any more time with it.

    Anything remotely construction has probably already been said.
    And just when I was getting ready to pile on..............shucks...........

    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

  22. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    26,252

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    ... intermission ...
    ... the second act should be starting momentarily ...



    Jerry Peck, Construction / Litigation Consultant
    Construction Litigation Consultants, LLC ( www.ConstructionLitigationConsultants.com )
    www.AskCodeMan.com

  23. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Is there some intermission music?


  24. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Corinth MS
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Amazing Dry Rot in the crawlspace

    Not to hijack the responses away from the bleach angle but…. I have been using Tim-Bor (disodium octaborate tetrahydrate) to treat dry rot fungus in foundation crawlspaces for about 3 years now. I am called out when the dry rot fungus has been noted in an inspection and the only time I treat with the disodium octaborate tetrahydrate is when the dry rot fungus is on the surface only, not after it has damaged the structural integrity of the wood. Do any of you guys have any insights into the use of Tim-bor for dry rot fungus that I should be aware of? I have only the manufactures claims about its use as a fungicide, I am a skeptic at heart about all things and especially if it is from a manufacturer about its product.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •