Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: APEX

  1. #1
    Kirk Hersee's Avatar
    Kirk Hersee Guest

    Default APEX

    I've been looking at Apex since I started doing inspections. I figured I wanted to be on the same page as a lot of others who have to do diagrams. Well, my diagram needs are numbered because only the exterior inspections require them at this time (as far as submitting them with my reports). I still have to rough something out on site so I can submit square footage. Anyhoo . . . I was wondering what others use. I've tried Google's SketchUp, and it was ok (and free) at best. But, it seemed to have issues with Vista (at least when I first tried it on my new computer). So, what, if, are you using? Kirk

    Similar Threads:
    Elite MGA Home Inspector E&O Insurance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    3,177

    Default Re: APEX

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Hersee View Post
    . . . I was wondering what others use...
    Etch-a-Sketch. Damn the expense, I say.

    Sorry. Just kidding. I don't do diagrams. But I bumped your post!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,827

    Default Re: APEX

    Twelve years and and over 4500 inspections and I have never seen the need for a sketch of a home I have inspected. Photos tell it all.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,365

    Default Re: APEX

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Twelve years and and over 4500 inspections and I have never seen the need for a sketch of a home I have inspected. Photos tell it all.

    Agree 100%..... If somebody can't find damage to a house from a written description and a photo they shouldn't be allowed to fix anything.

    When I have done them they are VERY basic.... House, Street, North and a red circle for what I'm talking about.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis TN.
    Posts
    4,311

    Default Re: APEX

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Twelve years and and over 4500 inspections and I have never seen the need for a sketch of a home I have inspected. Photos tell it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Fellman View Post
    Agree 100%..... If somebody can't find damage to a house from a written description and a photo they shouldn't be allowed to fix anything.

    When I have done them they are VERY basic.... House, Street, North and a red circle for what I'm talking about.

    Come on Guy's You know The Report With Pictures,Circles,Arrows, !!! points are not actually read.

    Much less a diagram.

    The only thing they Read or pass along to the Repair Guy is the Summary.

    It Might have Choked Artie But it ain't gone'a choke Stymie! Our Gang " The Pooch " (1932)
    Billy J. Stephens HI Service Memphis TN.

  6. #6
    David Banks's Avatar
    David Banks Guest

    Default Re: APEX

    If you look at Kirks profile/past posts it looks like he does insurance inspections and is not a HI, hence the question on diagrams.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,827

    Default Re: APEX

    Quote Originally Posted by David Banks View Post
    If you look at Kirks profile/past posts it looks like he does insurance inspections and is not a HI, hence the question on diagrams.
    Maybe we can bring him over from the darkside!

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  8. #8
    Kirk Hersee's Avatar
    Kirk Hersee Guest

    Default Re: APEX

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Maybe we can bring him over from the darkside!
    I would follow like a good minion. It just seems fairly out of my $$ range and intensely involved (the knowledge one needs to have to perform these inspections is a little more than I can take on right now). If there's a chip that you could plant in my (or what passes for) brain, then, maybe. . . Kirk


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spring Hill (Nashville), TN
    Posts
    5,827

    Default Re: APEX

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Hersee View Post
    I would follow like a good minion. It just seems fairly out of my $$ range and intensely involved (the knowledge one needs to have to perform these inspections is a little more than I can take on right now). If there's a chip that you could plant in my (or what passes for) brain, then, maybe. . . Kirk
    Kirk, it's not all that hard. Heck, just look around your area at who is inspecting homes! A honest person with a desire to succeed can make it in this profession. It takes time and a good deal of effort, but in the long run it is very rewarding in many ways.

    Scott Patterson, ACI
    Spring Hill, TN
    www.traceinspections.com

  10. #10
    David Banks's Avatar
    David Banks Guest

    Default Re: APEX

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson View Post
    Kirk, it's not all that hard. Heck, just look around your area at who is inspecting homes! A honest person with a desire to succeed can make it in this profession. It takes time and a good deal of effort, but in the long run it is very rewarding in many ways.
    Hey I resemble that remark! 2 Towns away!


  11. #11
    Kirk Hersee's Avatar
    Kirk Hersee Guest

    Default Re: APEX

    Thanks Fritz for the sugguestion. I will check that one out when I get home today. Interesting, that one didn't show up on a Google search. But then again, I was looking for sketching programs vs a more specific description as in this case "2D vector draw application". Thanks again! Kirk


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •