Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    soloon mesfi's Avatar
    soloon mesfi Guest

    Cool inspector for lenders in illinois

    I have worked as an inspector primarily for lenders in illinois until Jan. 2009. Since then I have started my own architectural and construction consulting firm. Things have been very tough to say the list. Primarily I am targeting the lenders that I worked with during my last employment. I am looking to get some suggestions on how to market better and if there are any members in a similiar type of insepctions?

    Your input is greatly appreciated.

    Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral SOC

  2. #2
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in illinois

    Just is the inspection service you provide?

    I have always wondered why Lenders and insurance Co. never had inspection info on the home they were covering. They just insure and lend money on homes they no nothing about Some FHA lenders in Calif... Require a clear termite inspection report

    Best

    Ron


  3. #3
    chris mcintyre's Avatar
    chris mcintyre Guest

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Bibler View Post
    Just is the inspection service you provide?

    I have always wondered why Lenders and insurance Co. never had inspection info on the home they were covering. They just insure and lend money on homes they no nothing about Some FHA lenders in Calif... Require a clear termite inspection report

    Best

    Ron
    Ron,

    Around here, unless you are paying cash, a CL-100 is required.

    The insurance Co. seem to be pretty thorough on older homes before they will write a policy, but I know a couple of agents that do the "inspection" for new homes.

    Soloon,

    I can't help you, but I can say that any construction related business is tough right now. Good Luck.


  4. #4
    Hunter Hoffman's Avatar
    Hunter Hoffman Guest

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    Ron,

    Around here, unless you are paying cash, a CL-100 is required.

    The insurance Co. seem to be pretty thorough on older homes before they will write a policy, but I know a couple of agents that do the "inspection" for new homes.

    Soloon,

    I can't help you, but I can say that any construction related business is tough right now. Good Luck.
    What is a cl-100?


  5. #5
    Ron Bibler's Avatar
    Ron Bibler Guest

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Hoffman View Post
    What is a cl-100?

    I think its a (contractors License)

    Best

    Ron


  6. #6
    Hunter Hoffman's Avatar
    Hunter Hoffman Guest

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in illinois

    Hi Rn just getting started here in WV I hadn't heard of that CL-10 thing.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in illinois

    Google says a CL-100 is a wood infestation report in South Carolina.

    "The Code is not a peak to reach but a foundation to build from."

  8. #8
    Hunter Hoffman's Avatar
    Hunter Hoffman Guest

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in illinois

    Ok, thank you!


  9. #9
    chris mcintyre's Avatar
    chris mcintyre Guest

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in illinois

    Sorry, I didn't realize that CL-100 was just a South Carolina thing.

    But, yes, it is a termite inspection letter (not a report because it is a standard one page letter). The CL stand for "clear letter", I can't remember exactly what the 100 is for.


  10. #10
    chris mcintyre's Avatar
    chris mcintyre Guest

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in Illinois

    Here is a link to a sample CL-100 if anybody is interested.

    http://www.wdifx.com/software/sample...orm-report.pdf

    The county I live in only uses the one page (front and back), no attachments.


  11. #11

    Default Re: inspector for lenders in Illinois

    Quote Originally Posted by chris mcintyre View Post
    Here is a link to a sample CL-100 if anybody is interested.

    http://www.wdifx.com/software/sample...orm-report.pdf

    The county I live in only uses the one page (front and back), no attachments.

    Wow, are those termite tubes? Don't see many of those up here

    Michael Carson
    Inspect It Right Home Inspections L.L.C.
    www.inspectitrighthomeinspection.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •