PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Shot

Matt Fellman
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Gotta love those nail guns. The nail got shot in the back of the panel, grazed a ground wire and a hot wire to the oven. It looks like it bounced off the ground wire as there is about 1/64 inch of a gap. The nail is still in contact with the range wire and has presumably been just like this since the siding was replaced about 15 years ago.

Brandon Whitmore
06-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Unfortunately, I see that quite often when a house has had siding replaced. You'd think the contractors would have a clue.

Nick Ostrowski
06-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Unfortunately, I see that quite often when a house has had siding replaced. You'd think the contractors would have a clue.

Fortunately that's not the case or we'd all be out of work.

Randy Aldering
06-14-2010, 03:29 AM
It looks like there may be fault arcing from time to time. What happens when the range is turned on?

Matt Fellman
06-14-2010, 08:17 AM
It looks like there may be fault arcing from time to time. What happens when the range is turned on?

Everything worked fine.... it was an occupied house so presumably the sellers had never had a problem with it. I'm thinking it sparked and maybe blew the breaker when the nail was driven in and the ground wire bonced clear of the nail to where it sits today.