Thread: Lucky Shot

Default Lucky Shot

Gotta love those nail guns. The nail got shot in the back of the panel, grazed a ground wire and a hot wire to the oven. It looks like it bounced off the ground wire as there is about 1/64 inch of a gap. The nail is still in contact with the range wire and has presumably been just like this since the siding was replaced about 15 years ago.

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Member Benefits1

Default Re: Lucky Shot

Unfortunately, I see that quite often when a house has had siding replaced. You'd think the contractors would have a clue.

Spring City/Surrounding Philadelphia area

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Whitmore View Post
    Unfortunately, I see that quite often when a house has had siding replaced. You'd think the contractors would have a clue.
    Fortunately that's not the case or we'd all be out of work.

Post Re: Lucky Shot

It looks like there may be fault arcing from time to time. What happens when the range is turned on?

Randall Aldering GHI BAOM MSM
    Housesmithe Inspection
    www.housesmithe.com

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Aldering View Post
    It looks like there may be fault arcing from time to time. What happens when the range is turned on?
    Everything worked fine.... it was an occupied house so presumably the sellers had never had a problem with it. I'm thinking it sparked and maybe blew the breaker when the nail was driven in and the ground wire bonced clear of the nail to where it sits today.