PDA

View Full Version : Drain line configuration

Brian Miller
09-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Is this drain line configuration proper? Looks like it could get sluggish draining out.

Thanks,
b

Lon Henderson
09-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Not sure that nut on the top of the tail piece to the sink is threaded properly, but in general, it looks acceptable. Fun to see what folks do.

Gunnar Alquist
09-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Plumbing is not my strongest area, but if that is a double kitchen sink, then I believe it is considered to be a single fixture and should only have a single, common trap.

Can't remember for sure, the wording could be that a double sink MAY share a common trap rather than SHALL share a common trap.

ROBERT YOUNG
09-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Ingenuity is the mother of invention.:D
No adverse conditions observed.
Recommend: A water slide engineer refer to the homeowner for new designs.

Bronson Beisel
09-14-2017, 04:34 AM
Recommend: A water slide engineer refer to the homeowner for new designs.

First huge laugh of the day. Thank you Robert! I nearly spewed coffee out of my nose.

Jerry Peck
09-14-2017, 05:26 AM
Plumbing is not my strongest area, but if that is a double kitchen sink, then I believe it is considered to be a single fixture and should only have a single, common trap.

Can't remember for sure, the wording could be that a double sink MAY share a common trap rather than SHALL share a common trap.

Every fixture requires a trap, two- and three- compartment sinks are permitted to be considered as a single fixture ... "may" would be correct.

Robert, that was indeed funny. :D

ROBERT YOUNG
09-14-2017, 06:38 AM
Gentlemen, I am here to serve you as best as I can.
Happy I made your day.