Ted Menelly Guest

Default Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Here is Sunny Land Texas (not why I moved here) we have had sheets of ice on the road for the week so far. Now today those sheets of ice are getting covered with up to 5 inches of snow. Again, not why I moved here.

Had a decent January and this week as nasty as it was I already had a few inspections. But, this wonderful stuff is slowing things a bit. From what I understand, this may be the norm for winters for the next many years and even decades to come.

I think we will all have to say a prayer to the snow fairy to give it a break and allow the recovery that was teasing us to continue.

The news said there is more on the way. 6 inches over night on top of the sheets of ice. They do not know what a snow plow or sand truck is down here in Texas We will be buried for some time to come

Similar Threads:
    ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menelly View Post

Had a decent January and this week as nasty as it was I already had a few inspections. But, this wonderful stuff is slowing things a bit. From what I understand, this may be the norm for winters for the next many years and even decades to come.
    Yep it's that dad gum global warning. They've been warning us for years, we would not listen, and change our ways, pay backs are a bi--h

Phoenix AZ Resale Home, Mobile Home, New Home Warranty Inspections. ASHI Certified Inspector #206929 Arizona Certified Inspector # 38440
    www.inspectaz.com

Darrel Hood Guest

Ted,
    You should be careful to avoid overstating facts. There are approximately three sand trucks in Dallas and one old one in Fort Worth. What more could you hope for?

Darrel Hood
    DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES

Ted Menelly Guest

I was coming down 35W yesterday after an inspection. There was a road grader and seven, yes, 7 sand trucks following the grader. Both sides of the highway had one operable lane and the other lane was a sheet of ice. For what ever reason they had all these sand truck following the grader to throw down some sand after the grader scraped off what ice it could. The back roads, as you can see in the pictures, were sheets of ice and was a 5 to 20 MPH ride on them at best. It's not the driving, it is the stopping.

No sand trucks touched them in the three days of being iced over. Now we have maybe 8 inches on that ice and looking out the window it is still falling.

As far as global warming. I think it has to do with ocean currents changing a bit every 30 years or so. This last happened in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Hood View Post
    Ted,
    You should be careful to avoid overstating facts. There are approximately three sand trucks in Dallas and one old one in Fort Worth. What more could you hope for?

Darrel Hood
    DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES

And all three of the trucks are in the Superbowl area! Gotta help Jerry out to make another billion dollars!

I'm sick of the snow. In hindsight, maybe 4 days of being snowed in was too soon to eat my family.

Rick

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post
    I'm sick of the snow. In hindsight, maybe 4 days of being snowed in was too soon to eat my family.

Rick
    donner party, hurst party? should have waited !

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hurst View Post

Rick

I'm afraid the kids would have gave me indigestion.

Galen L. Beasley
    Inspections Supervisor
    Housing Authority of Kansas City MO

Ted Menelly Guest

The snow is melting fast. The only problem is that it may not all run off before the daylight goes away and it will freeze again. 21 tonight but back to the 40s tomorrow and Sunday. Yahoo, by Monday it will be back to the real world instead of winter wonderland.

Wed. they are calling for snow/rain and a low of 15...

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    Yep it's that dad gum global warning. They've been warning us for years, we would not listen, and change our ways, pay backs are a bi--h
    Yea, where IS Al Gore Lately? I haven't heard Jack from him! He should get together with Ted as Ted has it all figured out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Harris View Post
    The crazy part is, you guys are freezing while the polar caps and every glacier on the planet are melting. It's a lot of extreme weather if you look beyond what's happening in your yard. Oh, right, you can't see past the snow banks.

John Kogel, RHI, BC HI Lic #47455
    www.allsafehome.ca

It's not the snow here in Dallas that is a problem. Its the 3-4in. of ice on the roadway below the snow. I live in Rockwall which to get anywhere you have to cross a 2-3 mile iced over bridge to get to anywhere. It makes it difficult.

rick

Ted Menelly Guest

Our roads are about melted off now and by the end of the day there should be little of any trace of ice on the road. The sun is working its wonders. Another storm on Tuesday maybe wednesday.