Scott Dana Guest

Default Foam Ceiling Tiles?

I came across these ceiling tiles in a bathroom yesterday. There were soft to touch, not rigid, interlocked, and felt like foam. House was 60+ years old but the bathroom had been remodeled more recently.

Any of you know what this stuff is? I told my client that it may be hiding some ceiling issues.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Foam Ceiling Tiles?

Yeah, it is foam ceiling tile, but I have not seen any installed recently. I am guessing it is more than 15 years old.
    I would think is would be really bad stuff in the event of fire and I will bet it hides a damaged ceiling.
    It is not installed because it looks good!
    Jim

Jim Luttrall
    www.MrInspector.net
    Plano, Texas

William Mize Guest

Yes it is foam ceiling tiles. Several lumber yards carry them. The ones I used are fire rated and easy to put up. It certainly beats the heck out of scraping the sprayed junk off and finishing the ceiling.

I know someone may pound on me for using them, but that is wat my wife wanted and peace and harmony is very valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by William Mize View Post
    Yes it is foam ceiling tiles. Several lumber yards carry them. The ones I used are fire rated and easy to put up. It certainly beats the heck out of scraping the sprayed junk off and finishing the ceiling.

I know someone may pound on me for using them, but that is wat my wife wanted and peace and harmony is very valuable.
    Bill,

Down here we say, "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy."

badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

and when momma is happy, I'm not because it has cost me big time.