Thread: fake tile...

Ron Bishop Guest

Default fake tile...

Lately I have been seeing a lot of this fake tile on countertops and floors. It looks like ceramic from a distance, but when looking closely, it is nothing more than a bunch of computer dots. I am not sure what kind of material this really is, and want my clients to be aware that it is a simulated product. Does anyone out ther have any knowledge of this kind of product???

Thank you kindly, Ron

Similar Threads:
    Crawl Space Creeper

Default Re: fake tile...

Ron,

I guess everyone's clueless, including this guy, about your product, without a photo.

***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images ***IMPORTANT*** You Need To Register To View Images
    badair http://www.adairinspection.com Garland, TX 75042
    Commercial-Residential-Construction-EIFS-Stucco-ACMV-Infrared Thermography
    life is the random lottery of events followed by numerous narrow escapes...accept the good

Blue Harriss Guest

Its technically real tile in that it is either ceramic or porcelin. But, the finish surface is painted on to look like stone, slate, marble etc. I have seen it at Lowes and Home Depot and it is very popular among the flippers in my area. To give you an idea why its so popular keep in mind its about .60 cents a square foot. That paint job will quickly wear off in moderate traffic areas. Technically there is nothing wrong with it aside from its just cheap.

Ron Bishop Guest

thank you...

"That paint job will quickly wear off in moderate traffic areas. "

I tiled my kitchen, breakfast room, and laundry room 14 years ago. Two kids (now grown ), and two dogs (1 now gone) later, and the tile still looks new.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

imported_John Smith Guest

I agree with Rick. I have had it in the bedrooms and bathrooms of my personal home for almost 7 years. Its really holding up well. I paid 69 cents a tile for it when I bought it. Im happy with it. I wouldnt put it on a countertop though.
    Buying the cheaper tiles allowed me to put some good stuff ~$6.00 a square foot in the more public rooms of the house.

I came across this while viewing my older post.
    So I thought I would post an update.
    4 years later and the tile still looks new.

' correct a wise man and you gain a friend... correct a fool and he'll bloody your nose'.

Four years later and still no photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Elliott View Post
    Four years later and still no photo.
    Will post photos at 20 years.

David Valley Guest

Hmmm...no photo yet?