Default Appliance Recalls

Just going to start a new thread as I have changed my opinion on this subject and I'll tell you why

My clients receive HomeBinder which will check and report recalls. Its a 3rd party app and theirs to maintain. Thats it...simple

Why not RecallChek....I entered 5 known recall appliances and it never reported 1, but Homebinder did on all 5 within an hour of being entered and does more and cost less with no salesman trying to add on stuff.

In 2016 my 11 month old house nearly burned to the ground because my 11 month old stove shorted and caught fire WHILE WE WERE OUT OF TOWN.
    Long story short....recalled due to wiring, 200k in damages and insurance company sues manufacturer.

It all just sucked especially for the kids so tell you clients about recalls...period.
    Don't add liability just explain the importance and don't hide it in a disclaimer like we do for everything.

So I tell them and yes some get very scared and some realtors look annoyed but I could care less for 2 reasons. Safety and BUSINESS. Getting them scared about recalls keeps them going back to HomeBinder which also markets their realtor. Once I explain this to the realtor, they all want me talking about recalls during every inspection.

Fires are no joke and if an appliance has the ability to harm the occupants its a requirement to inform them. That's why I do it now.

Similar Threads:
    Inspection Referral

Default Re: Appliance Recalls

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Turner View Post
    Just going to start a new thread as I have changed my opinion on this subject and I'll tell you why
    My clients receive HomeBinder which will check and report recalls. Its a 3rd party app and theirs to maintain. Thats it...simple
    Why not RecallChek....I entered 5 known recall appliances and it never reported 1, but Homebinder did on all 5 within an hour of being entered and does more and cost less with no salesman trying to add on stuff.
    In 2016 my 11 month old house nearly burned to the ground because my 11 month old stove shorted and caught fire WHILE WE WERE OUT OF TOWN.
    Long story short....recalled due to wiring, 200k in damages and insurance company sues manufacturer.
    It all just sucked especially for the kids so tell you clients about recalls...period.
    Don't add liability just explain the importance and don't hide it in a disclaimer like we do for everything.
    So I tell them and yes some get very scared and some realtors look annoyed but I could care less for 2 reasons. Safety and BUSINESS. Getting them scared about recalls keeps them going back to HomeBinder which also markets their realtor. Once I explain this to the realtor, they all want me talking about recalls during every inspection.
    Fires are no joke and if an appliance has the ability to harm the occupants its a requirement to inform them. That's why I do it now.
    Hi Kyle,

Help me out. Do you recommend your clients check or do you take-down the serial numbers and check for them?

Department of Redundancy Department
    Supreme Emperor of Hyperbole
    http://www.FullCircleInspect.com/